What is AS 9100?
The AS 9100 standard was created with the aviation, aerospace, and military sectors in mind. This international standard establishes a set of standards for establishing, monitoring, maintaining, implementing, and continuously improving the performance of the aerospace industry’s quality management system.
AS 9100 certification focuses on aerospace quality and is based on the ISO 9001 quality management system standard. Organizations can use AS 9100 to ensure that they are meeting all legal obligations. The AS 9100 quality management system standard makes it easier for aerospace companies to consistently satisfy client requirements.
Benefits of AS 9100 Certification for Businesses
- Enhances consistency and reliability in the process and services
- Improves the performance of quality management systems
- Ensures the safety and quality of aviation, space, and defense products
- Satisfies customers and reduces complaints
- Increases profitability and supports the growth of the organization
- Helps achieve new business opportunities
Who Can Apply for AS 9100 Certification?
AS 9100 certification is available to organizations that produce, establish, or sell aviation, space, and defense goods and services, including parts and components. The standards for AS 9100 Certification are suited for any aerospace sector that wishes to execute its quality management system systematically, regardless of size, kind, or location.
Why Choose IAS for AS 9100 Certification?
Organizations turn to third-party certification bodies to obtain AS 9100 certification such as IAS. Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized AS 9100 Certification Body, operating in the United Kingdom, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). We provide AS 9100 certification in the UK and also in various countries across the world. Incorporated in 2006, we have two decades of professional experience in auditing and providing AS 9100 certification and various product and ISO process certifications.
We are independent experts in auditing and the most trusted AS 9100 certification body in ensuring the conformity and requirements of international management standards. We effectively support our clients to implement the management system for their growth and development.
Procedure to Obtain AS 9100 Certification through IAS:
- Initially, make an inquiry on our global website or contact us directly through mail or telephone, based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form which is available for free on our website.
- After reviewing the application, IAS will contact you for further certification procedures.
- Our auditors will form a customized plan to perform the AS 9100 certification audit.
- Our AS 9100 Certification audit includes 2 major stages:
- Evaluation of your organization – Readiness Audit
- Verifying objective evidence and conformity to the AS 9100 standard requirements – Implementation Audit
- IAS will convey the audit findings, any non-conformities, and any necessary observations found during the audit to your organization.
- The time duration for effective non-conformity closure is between 30 to 60 days.
- Verification and validation of non-conformity closure and also follow-up visits will be conducted by our IAS team for AS 9100 certification.
- Finally, IAS will issue AS 9100 certification with a validity of three years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months throughout the AS 9100 certification validity period.
- IAS will also conduct a re-certification audit after the validity of the initial AS 9100 certification.
AS 9100 Certification Cost
IAS provides competitive pricing for AS 9100 certification. The AS 9100 Certification cost depends on the size and nature of your organizational structure. The AS 9100 certification cost also depends on your organization’s knowledge and preparedness in implementing an AS 9100 quality management system. The total cost includes service charges, auditor fees, audit reports, site visits, certification issuance, etc.
IAS offers a free quotation service to help you understand the cost of AS 9100 Certification and all the associated fees such as consultancy, training, documentation, re-certification audits, etc. Please get in touch with us to get a free quotation!
For more details about AS 9100 certification, AS 9100 certification cost, other ISO management standards & product certification, and audit procedures, kindly contact us at [email protected]