GOST-R is a technical document that gives companies easier access to the Russian market to sell their products that comply with Russian safety and quality requirements. In other words, GOST-R is a certification mark that identifies items that have been manufactured in accordance with Russian safety standards.
Obtaining GOST-R Certification is a time and cost-effective way to clear customs when exporting your goods to Russia. It opens up new business options and boosts your company’s sales and profits. GOST-R certification also boosts client trust in your products. According to Russian federal legislation, GOST-R certification is necessary for more than 70% of all things marketed and used in Russia.
Who Can Apply for GOST-R Certification?
GOST-R Certification is available to companies that aim to produce or sell items in Russia. It is compulsory for the company’s product(s) to have a GOST-R certificate to get clearance in customs without any issues and enter the Russian business market. Some of the items that require GOST-R certification are listed below:
- Electrical and electronic products
- Food products
- Medical devices
- Household chemicals
- Consumer packaging materials
Advantages of GOST-R Certification
- Products can easily enter the Russian market without restrictions
- Global reach to your business
- Increase customer acquisition
- Promote your company’s brand and image
- Minimizes risks
- Increase the traceability of your product
Requirements for GOST-R Certification
The following are the prerequisites for GOST-R certification:
- The Name of the Product
- The Customs Product Code: This is used to determine the commodity category to which a product belongs. This code will be put on the certificate as well, and it must be consistent throughout all of the product’s papers.
- Product Description: For GOST-R certification, a basic description of the product, such as the product brochure, would suffice. In the few cases when the information supplied is insufficient, most commonly owing to the product’s extreme complexity or possible misunderstanding with other related items, we will ask specifically for the information required.
- Images or Drawings of the Product: While this information isn’t always essential, it might help you comprehend the product’s true purpose and design.
GOST-R Certification Procedure Through IAS
IAS can certify a single batch of products or an entire series of items under GOST-R. In the first scenario, a certificate for a company that sells items in Russia is legalized. Our professionals provide GOST-R certification for a company’s production facilities if it wants to be certified for the products it makes. GOST-R certification is granted based on the results of laboratory testing of samples of the products. The methods to get GOST-R certification through IAS are as follows:
- Finalize the product(s) for which GOST-R certification is required.
- To discuss the details of GOST-R certification, contact IAS with the completed GOST-R Application form.
- Manufacturer/trader submits initial paperwork (based on GOST-R standards, including test certificates)
- Ensure that the paperwork complies with the GOST-R requirements.
- To confirm that the product satisfies the GOST-R standards, an audit is conducted.
- Submission of final documents, as well as any additional clarifications that may be required.
- Evaluation and suggestion of the final document.
- GOST-R compliance certification is issued.
Why Choose IAS for GOST-R Certification?
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a universally recognized accredited Certification Body in the United Kingdom for providing product certification as well as management system certification. We provide GOST-R Certification in the UK and also in various countries across the world. Incorporated in 2006, we have two decades of professional experience in auditing and providing GOST-R Certification and other product as well as process certifications. IAS provides complete guidance for its clients (organizations/manufacturers) to comply with all the required specifications to achieve the desired certification.
For more information on GOST-R Certification, please contact us at [email protected]