What is IATF 16949?
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF), proposed a technical standard, IATF 16949, particularly for the automotive sector quality management systems. This international standard specifies requirements for an organization to design, develop, analyze, evaluate, and monitor automotive products effectively and to continually improve its quality management system. However, the standard is applicable to all industries, including automotive part manufacturers & automotive supply chain industries.
IATF 16949 Standard is fully aligned with specific requirements for automotive sectors as well as the requirements of ISO 9001 (Quality Management System Standard). Moreover, the primary focus of the IATF 16949 standard is continual improvement, identifying risks and opportunities, improving process control and product performance, and achieving applicable regulatory requirements for an effective QMS.
Benefits of IATF 16949 Certification for Businesses
- Consistency of products and services
- Reduction in customer complaints
- Increase in productivity, profitability, and quality of products
- Global recognition of your business
- Provides an effective quality management system for the automotive industry
- Better workplace improves employees’ job satisfaction
- Meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for your business
Who Can Apply for IATF 16949 Certification?
Whether it is a startup company or a large industry, the requirements of the IATF 16949 standard are applicable to all automobile industries in the supply chain. It is applicable to any organization involved in the design, production, and supply of automotive parts.
Why Choose IAS for IATF 16949 Certification?
Although the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) establishes and publishes the IATF 16949 standards, they do not perform IATF 16949 certification. Therefore, organizations turn to third-party certification bodies to obtain IATF 16949 certification such as IAS. Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized IATF 16949 Certification Body, operating in the United Kingdom, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). We provide IATF 16949 certification in the UK and also in various countries across the world. Incorporated in 2006, we have two decades of professional experience in auditing and providing IATF 16949 certification and various product and ISO process certifications.
We are independent experts in auditing and the most trusted IATF 16949 certification body in ensuring the conformity and requirements of international management standards. We effectively support our clients to implement the management system for their growth and development.
Procedure to Obtain IATF 16949 Certification through IAS:
- Initially, make an inquiry on our global website or contact us directly through mail or telephone, based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form which is available for free on our website.
- After reviewing the application, IAS will contact you for further certification procedures.
- Our auditors will form a customized plan to perform the IATF 16949 certification audit.
- Our IATF 16949 Certification audit includes 2 major stages:
- Evaluation of your organization – Readiness Audit
- Verifying objective evidence and conformity to the IATF 16949 standard requirements – Implementation Audit
- IAS will convey the audit findings, any non-conformities, and any necessary observations found during the audit to your organization.
- The time duration for effective non-conformity closure is between 30 to 60 days.
- Verification and validation of non-conformity closure and also follow-up visits will be conducted by our IAS team for IATF 16949 certification.
- Finally, IAS will issue IATF 16949 certification with a validity of three years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months throughout the IATF 16949 certification validity period.
- IAS will also conduct a re-certification audit after the validity of the initial IATF 16949 certification.
IATF 16949 Certification Cost
IAS provides competitive pricing for IATF 16949 certification. The IATF 16949 Certification cost depends on the size and nature of your organizational structure. IATF 16949 certification cost also depends on your organization’s knowledge and preparedness in implementing an IATF 16949 quality management system. The total cost includes service charges, auditor fees, audit reports, site visits, certification issuance, etc.
IAS offers a free quotation service to help you understand the cost of IATF 16949 Certification and all the associated fees such as consultancy, training, documentation, re-certification audits, etc. Please get in touch with us to get a free quotation!
For more details about IATF 16949 certification, IATF 16949 certification cost, other ISO management standards & product certification, and audit procedures, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org