What is ISO 14001 Standard?
ISO 14001 is a well- known international standard that approaches high-level structure to improve an organization’s environmental performance and reduce its impacts effectively.
ISO 14001: 2015 is inline with ISO 9001. So, it can be integrated into other management systems to carry out the operations effectively.
This ISO Environmental Management System (EMS) certification standard allows the organization to analyze, monitor, measure, and reduce the negative impacts in the environment in an effective manner. ISO 14001: 2015 certification helps the organizations to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements and to continually improve their responsibility in the management systems.
Also, ISO 14001:2015 Certification encourages the organizations to achieve their goals, environmental policy as well as their objectives effectively for successful business growth.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Certification in business:
- Meet environmental statutory and regulatory compliance
- Reduces wastage and improvise to use natural resources
- Improves the trust and confidence of suppliers, customers, and stakeholders
- Global recognition in the international market
ISO 14001:2015 Certification is applicable for:
Any industry, irrespective of its size or the services it provides, who wants to improve its environmental performance and management systems. For example manufacturing industry, food & drug industry, textile industry, Mining industry, polluting industry, etc.
ISO 14001:2015 Certification body – IAS
Integrated assessment services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized ISO 14001:2015 Certification Body, operating in United Kingdom which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS incorporated and successfully operating in other major countries such as Asia, Gulf, Middle East, Africa, USA since 2007.
We are an independent expert in auditing and the most trusted ISO 14001:2015 certification body in ensuring the conformity and requirements of international management standards. We effectively support our clients to implement the management system for their growth and development.
As an accredited certification body in UK, IAS offers product certifications such as CE Marking, GREEN, HALAL, ROHS, VAPT, GOST-R, BRC, HACCP, etc.
Also, IAS provides lead auditor training, internal auditor training, and awareness and foundation training for individuals as well as for groups with qualified auditors and technical experts who also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification requirements and achieve the required ISO certification.
Procedure to attain ISO 14001:2015 Certification through IAS:
- Initially, make an enquiry in our global website or else contact us through mail or telephone-based on your country/ region.
- Download and fill the application form which is available for free in our website and send email to email@example.com
- After reviewing the application, IAS will contact you for further certification procedures.
- Also, our auditors will plan and initiate the audit at your organization.
- Basically, our ISO 14001:2015 Certification audit includes 2 major stages.
- Evaluation of your organization – readiness audit
- Verifying objective evidence and conformity to the ISO 14001:2015 standard requirements
- IAS submit audit findings, no of NC’s (if any), and following observations found during the audit.
- The time duration for effective NC closure is between 30 to 60 days.
- Verification and validation of NC Closure and also follow-up visits should be done by IAS Team.
- Finally, Issuance of ISO 14001:2015 certificate with a validity of three years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit by IAS for every 12 months.
- Re-certification audit after the validity of the initial certification.
- Logo usage will suspension, withdrawal, or termination of contract comes under IAS terms and conditions.
- For instance, the organization has failed any terms and condition of IAS, the certificate will be suspended with prior notification.