ISO Audit Procedure
IAS follows an audit flow chart to ensure a smooth and transparent audit procedure for all organizations. Below is a brief explanation of our audit procedure:
Stages to ISO Certification
There are four Critical Phases in the process of getting ISO Certification.
- Offer and Contract
- Audit Preparation
- Conducting the Audit
- Issuance of Certification
Offer and Contract Stage
Before conducting the system audit, an application form will be sent to the client to provide the following information:
- Product or services rendered
- Product or service specifications and ranges
- Process of product or services manufactured/rendered
- The country that provides the product or services
- Registration address
- Number of units and their addresses
- Timings of shifts
- Legal requirements, such as company registration and product or service-related compliances
Following receipt of the company’s full application, IAS will contact you to assist you in navigating the certification process and identifying the appropriate standards for your firm. A quotation will be sent through e-mail.
Following the acceptance of the Quotation and Contract, our technical team analyses the data in order to arrange the selection of an auditor for the stage 1 and stage 2 audits.
Audit Preparation Stage
A team of auditors will be assigned during the audit preparation stage. As per 17021, a team may consist of a team leader, auditors, and a technical expert. The auditing techniques are rigorously followed in accordance with ISO 19011, which is a key criterion of our accreditation.
Prior to the audit, our auditors are provided with the specifics of your business so that they may access the information and conduct the audit properly.
During the audit preparation process, the organization being audited is required to notify the certifying body of any changes in organizational structure or practices.
Stage 1 Audit
The auditors assess the efficacy of the documentation provided by the company in order to determine the preparedness of the Management system being audited. It may entail the following duties:
- Financial records and reviewing required documentation
- Evaluate your sites and assess particular situations.
- Assessing your overall comprehension of important elements, procedures, goals, and operations.
- To verify that the scope, methods, locations, and, if applicable, statutory and regulatory requirements are met according to the standards.
- All resources have been obtained for the Stage 2 Audit.
The auditor raises points of observation (non-conformities) that need to be closed after completing the Stage 1 Audit. The conclusion of the observation prepares the company for a successful Stage 2 audit.
Stage 2 Audit
During the Stage 2 Audit, the auditors assess how well the management system being audited adheres to the appropriate standard. It might entail the following tasks:
- To assess the effectiveness of the implementation in relation to all of the standard’s requirements.
- To assess the monitoring, measuring, reporting, and evaluating of performance in relation to key performance objectives and targets.
- To inspect the client’s processes for operational control
- Ensure that internal auditing and management reviews are carried out properly.
- Verifies that normative requirements, policies, performance objectives, and targets are all linked together.
Issuance of Certification
After successful completion of both Stage 1 and 2 Audits, IAS will ensure all non-conformities have been addressed and resolved by the organization. Once this is verified, IAS will issue a certificate for a typical validity period of 3 years.
The clients are required to undergo surveillance audits at least once every twelve months from the start of the validity period of the certification. The time within which an organization is expected to carry out the surveillance audit can be defined by IAS through mutual agreement.
Once the validity period of the certification expires, IAS will conduct a re-certification audit to renew the validity period.
For more information on the audit procedure, please contact us at [email protected]