What is ISO 50001:2018?
ISO 50001 is a globally recognized standard that provides control measures to reduce the consumption of energy, increase energy efficiency, and cost savings. It specifies requirements to control and manage the performance of the Energy Management System (EnMS) of the organization. Additionally, the ISO 50001 standard provides a framework to meet the legal requirements and their energy specifications given by the local authorities.
ISO 50001:2018 is a high-level structure standard that adapts with the PDCA cycle approach. This standard helps organizations implement energy policies and set achievable targets for energy use. ISO 50001:2018 also provides guidelines to improve energy balance, reduce CO2 emissions, and lower energy costs by using energy more efficiently.
Benefits of ISO 50001 Certification for Businesses
- Increase in productivity, profitability, and energy efficiency
- Global recognition of your business
- Effective energy management system and cost savings
- Meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for your business
- It can be integrated easily with other management standards
Who Can Apply for ISO 50001 Certification?
ISO 50001 is applicable to practically every company that uses energy, regardless of industry. Organizations of any size, type, complexity, location, or culture are eligible for ISO 50001 certification. It may be used by businesses regardless of how much or what type of energy they use or for what purpose. ISO 50001 certification requires businesses to increase their energy efficiency on a regular basis, but it does not specify what level of efficiency they must reach.
Why Choose IAS for ISO 50001 Certification?
Although the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) establishes and publishes the ISO 50001 standards, they do not perform ISO 50001 certification. Therefore, organizations turn to third-party certification bodies to obtain ISO 50001 certification such as IAS. Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized ISO 50001 Certification Body, operating in the United Kingdom, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). We provide ISO 50001 certification in the UK and also in various countries across the world. Incorporated in 2006, we have two decades of professional experience in auditing and providing ISO 50001 certification and various product and ISO process certifications.
We are independent experts in auditing and the most trusted ISO 50001 certification body in ensuring the conformity and requirements of international management standards. We effectively support our clients to implement the management system for their growth and development.
Procedure to Obtain ISO 50001 Certification through IAS:
- Initially, make an inquiry on our global website or contact us directly through mail or telephone, based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form which is available for free on our website.
- After reviewing the application, IAS will contact you for further certification procedures.
- Our auditors will form a customized plan to perform the ISO 50001 certification audit.
- Our ISO 50001 Certification audit includes 2 major stages:
- Evaluation of your organization – Readiness Audit
- Verifying objective evidence and conformity to the ISO 50001:2018 standard requirements – Implementation Audit
- IAS will convey the audit findings, any non-conformities, and any necessary observations found during the audit to your organization.
- The time duration for effective non-conformity closure is between 30 to 60 days.
- Verification and validation of non-conformity closure and also follow-up visits will be conducted by our IAS team for ISO 50001 certification.
- Finally, IAS will issue ISO 50001 certification with a validity of three years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months throughout the ISO 50001 certification validity period.
- IAS will also conduct a re-certification audit after the validity of the initial ISO 50001 certification.
ISO 50001 Certification Cost
IAS provides competitive pricing for ISO 50001 certification. The ISO 50001 Certification cost depends on the size and nature of your organizational structure. ISO 50001 certification cost also depends on your organization’s knowledge and preparedness in implementing an ISO 50001 energy management system. The total cost includes service charges, auditor fees, audit reports, site visits, certification issuance, etc.
IAS offers a free quotation service to help you understand the cost of ISO 50001 Certification and all the associated fees such as consultancy, training, documentation, re-certification audits, etc. Please get in touch with us to get a free quotation!
For more details about ISO 50001 certification, ISO 50001 certification cost, other ISO management standards & product certification, and audit procedures, kindly contact us at [email protected]