What is SA 8000 Standard and why is it important?
SA8000 is an international standard for any organization or any industry regardless of its size and groups. SA stands for “social accountability”, leading the organization socially responsible to its workers, customers, and all other relevant interested parties. This voluntary standard encourages organizations to develop, maintain, and apply socially acceptable practices in the workplace and worker’s welfare improvement.
Code of practices followed in SA8000 deals with issues such as:
- Child labor
- Forced labor
- Health and safety
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Disciplinary practices
- Working hours
- Management systems
SA8000 certification helps the organization to focus on these code of practices to implement and maintain the workers’ culture and their welfare by improving working conditions.
What are the benefits of SA8000 Certification?
- Better workplace for employees and their satisfaction
- Improves relationships with management
- Meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Global recognition to your business
- Improves workers involvement
- Also, increase in business benchmark with competitors
IAS – the top-searching ISO certification body in Germany
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized SA8000 Certification Body operating in Germany and other major EU countries, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS is predominant in auditing the client companies for their business growth and development since 2006.
IAS is incorporated in 7 major countries and operating its associates in 14 more countries under the guidance of IAS-INDIA.
We offer SA8000 Certification throughout the EU countries with the help of qualified auditors and technical expertise. We also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification procedures to successfully get certified.
IAS also offers ISO management system certifications against ISO 14001, 27001, 9001, 22301, 22000, etc. Furthermore, we provide product certifications such as CE Marking, GOST-R, Green, GOST-R, Kosher, Halal, BRC, cGMP, etc.
What are the procedures to achieve SA8000 Certification?
- At first, Make an Enquiry in our website or contact us by telephone based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form and email email@example.com.
- After reviewing your application, the certification audit process will begin.
- IAS will come out with the audit plan based on the scope submitted by your organization to conduct audits.
- Stage 1 audit includes the document review and site visit
- After the completion of the audit, IAS will provide audit reports with a deviation report (if found any deviation).
- Stage 2 audit verifies the effective implementation of SA8000
- The time duration for NC closure between 60-90 days.
- After successfully implementing the non-conformities, IAS will issue the SA8000 certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months from the date of initial certification and as well as the re-certification audit after the validity of the initial certification is over.