What is RoHS and why is it important?
RoHS stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances, is to make Electrical and Electronics manufacturing safer at every stage by reducing or restricting certain hazardous substances. This RoHS compliance is based on the current European Union’s Directive 2011/65/EU.
The restricted materials are as follows:
- Hexavalent chromium
- Polybrominated biphenyls
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
These restricted materials cannot exceed the recommended levels during the manufacturing of Electrical and Electronics devices that come under EEE covered areas.
- Large & small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Toys, leisure, and sports equipment
- Also, Medical devices, etc.,
Benefits of RoHS certification in business:
- Improves employees safety and hygiene during the manufacturing phase
- Reduces environmental impacts
- Can easily get access in EU markets and other international markets
- Products certified under RoHS are safer for consumers or customers
- Meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Global recognition to your business
IAS – the top-searching ISO certification body in Germany
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized RoHS Certification Body operating in Germany and other major EU countries, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS is predominant in auditing the client companies for their business growth and development since 2006.
IAS is incorporated in 7 major countries and operating its associates in 14 more countries under the guidance of IAS-INDIA.
We offer RoHS Certification throughout the EU countries with the help of qualified auditors and technical expertise. We also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification procedures to successfully get certified.
IAS also offers ISO management system certifications against ISO 14001, 27001, 9001, 22301, 22000, etc. Furthermore, we provide product certifications such as CE Marking, GOST-R, Green, GOST-R, Kosher, cGMP, etc.
What are the procedures to achieve RoHS Certification?
- At first, Make an Enquiry in our website or contact us by telephone based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form and email email@example.com.
- After reviewing your application, the certification audit process will begin.
- IAS will come out with the audit plan based on the scope submitted by your organization to conduct audits.
- After the completion of the audit, IAS will provide audit reports with a deviation report (if any).
- After successfully implementing the non-conformities, IAS will issue the RoHS certificate.