What is ROHS?
RoHS stands for Restriction of hazardous substances, is to make Electrical and Electronics manufacturing safer at every stage by reducing or restricting certain hazardous substances. This RoHS compliance is based on the current European Union’s Directive 2011/65/EU.
The restricted materials are likely as follows
- Hexavalent chromium
- Polybrominated biphenyls
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
These restricted materials cannot exceed the recommended levels during the manufacturing of Electrical and Electronics devices that come under EEE covered areas.
- Large & small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Toys, leisure, and sports equipment
- Also, Medical devices, etc.
Organization manufacturing electrical and electronic products in most of the countries must follow the directives to sell the products in European markets.
Benefits ROHS certification
- Improves employees safety and hygiene during the manufacturing phase
- Reduce environmental impacts
- Can easily get access in EU markets and other international markets
- Products certified under RoHS are safer for consumers or customers
- Global recognition to your business
- Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is the most trusted certification body, prominent in providing various ISO management certification and product certification in Netherlands, accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS).
- We have qualified auditors and technical expertise to support our clients for their certification process and assist them in meeting the ROHS requirements for successful certification.
- Other than Netherlands, IAS is also successfully operating in other countries such as Asia, Gulf, Middle East, Africa, and USA.
- IAS also expertise in providing IRCA certified training on various ISO standards. We offer management system certifications on various ISO standards such as ISO 9001, 14001, 27001, 45001, 50001, etc.
ROHS certification procedure
- Initially, make an enquiry in our global website or contact us through mail or telephone-based on your country/ region.
- Download and fill the application form which is available for free in our website and send email to: email@example.com
- After reviewing the application, we will contact you to discuss further certification procedures.
- IAS submit audit findings, no of NC’s (if found any), and following observations found during the audit.
- The time duration for effective NC closure is between 30 to 60 days.
- Finally, after the successful implementation, IAS will provide the ROHS certificate which has a validity of 3 years.
- Also, IAS conducts a surveillance audit for every 12 months.
- Logo usage, suspension, withdrawal, or termination of contract comes under IAS terms and conditions.
Further, to know more details about ROHS certification and kindly contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.