What is Kosher and why is it important?
The word Kosher is a Hebrew term that means ‘fit’ or ‘proper’ conforming to Jewish dietary law (kashrut). Kosher products that have taken place over the last couple of decades in the food industry. The categories which tell about the nature of kosher food are particularly meat, dairy, pareve.
Jewish Dietary law also states the method of slaughtering, processing, inspecting, keeping, cleaning, and equipment handling the foods in industries. Thereby, if the product is KOSHER certified, customers come to know they are safe and healthy for consumption.
Some people or users consider the consumption of kosher foods will keep their loyalty and their religious beliefs not to be ruined.
Here are some of the categorized food as per Jewish law:
Meat: flesh, organs, bones
Diary: any milk products.
Pareve: legumes, grains, fruits, vegetables, etc.,
Benefits of Kosher certification:
- Higher quality and increased food safety
- Leading the organization with better workplace and culture
- Best practices to increase product quality and safety
- Easily sell the product if kosher certified thereby increase in profit
- Increases customer faith and loyalty
- Global recognition to your organization
IAS – the top-searching ISO certification body in Germany
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized Kosher Certification Body operating in Germany and other major EU countries, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS is predominant in auditing the client companies for their business growth and development since 2006.
IAS is incorporated in 7 major countries and operating its associates in 14 more countries under the guidance of IAS-INDIA.
We offer Kosher Certification throughout the EU countries with the help of qualified auditors and technical expertise. We also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification procedures to successfully get certified.
IAS also offers ISO management system certifications against ISO 14001, 27001, 9001, 22301, 22000, etc. Furthermore, we provide product certifications such as Kosher, GOST-R, Green, CE marking, Halal, BRC, cGMP, etc.
What are the procedures to achieve Kosher Certification?
- At first, Make an Enquiry in our website or contact us by telephone based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After reviewing your application, the certification audit process will begin.
- IAS will come out with the audit plan based on the scope submitted by your organization to conduct audits.
- After the completion of the audit, IAS will provide audit reports with a deviation report (if any).
- After successfully implementing the non-conformities, IAS will issue the Kosher certificate.