What is ISO 22000 and why is it important?
Food safety management standard (FSMS) ISO 22000:2018 is a high-level systematic structure standard. The standard follows the PDCA cycle for the process approach and promotes risk-based thinking in the food safety industry. ISO 22000 requirements help the organization to reduce hazards and risks in the entire manufacturing food life cycle and ensure safety for human consumption.
ISO 22000:2018 applies to any organization dealing with the food chain process. For example, food manufacturers, retailers, and organizations providing food services, catering services, food packers, and other food contact materials.
Importance of ISO 22000:2018 Certification:
ISO 22000:2018 Certification ensures any food products manufactured in the organization complies with the ISO 22000:2018 standard requirements. However, implementing this standard in the organization assures food safety, good manufacturing principles, and hazard reduction or prevention. It also enables organizations to meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. This ISO FSMS certification also guides the organization to innovate techniques in handling, movement, storage & isolation, and processing of foods by using the best methods.
What are the benefits of ISO 22000:2018 Certification?
- Ensures long-term success and customer satisfaction
- improves employee work satisfaction as well as workplace
- Global recognition of your business
- Meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for your business
- Reduce risk and hazard from equipment or machinery, environmental aspects
- Good manufacturing practices
- Provides the ability to control food safety hazard
- Reduce unnecessary cost
- Also, increased customer acquisition
IAS – the top-searching ISO certification body in Germany
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized ISO 22000:2018 Certification Body operating in Germany and other major EU countries, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS is predominant in auditing the client companies for their business growth and development since 2006.
IAS is incorporated in 7 major countries and operating its associates in 14 more countries under the guidance of IAS-INDIA.
We offer ISO 22000:2018 Certification throughout the EU countries with the help of qualified auditors and technical expertise. We also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification procedures to successfully get certified.
IAS also offers ISO management system certifications against ISO 14001, 27001, 45001, 50001, 22301, etc. Furthermore, we provide product certifications such as CE Marking, GOST-R, Green, GOST-R, Kosher, Halal, BRC, cGMP, etc.
What are the procedures to achieve ISO 22000:2018 Certification?
- At first, Make an Enquiry in our website or contact us by telephone based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After reviewing your application, the certification audit process will begin.
- IAS will come out with the audit plan based on the scope submitted by your organization to conduct audits.
- Stage 1 audit includes the document review and site visit
- After the completion of the audit, IAS will provide audit reports with a deviation report (if found any deviation).
- Stage 2 audit verifies the effective implementation of ISO 22000:2018
- The time duration for NC closure between 60-90 days.
- After successfully implementing the non-conformities, IAS will issue the ISO 22000:2018 certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months from the date of initial certification and as well as the re-certification audit after the validity of the initial certification is over.