What is IATF 16949 Standard and why is it important?
International Automotive Task Force (IATF), developed a well-known technical specification IATF 16949 for automotive sector quality management systems. This standard requires an organization to design, develop, analyze, evaluate, and monitor automotive products effectively in its quality management system. However, the standard is applicable to all industry automotive part manufacturers & automotive supply chain industries irrespective of its size.
Importance of IATF 16949:2016
IATF 16949 Standard is fully aligned with ISO 9001:2015 with added automotive sector requirements as supplementary. Similarly, the standard gives the guidelines to implement the quality management system effectively in the automotive sector using the process approach.
Certainly, the primary focus of the IATF 16949 standard is continual improvement, identifying risk and opportunities, improve process control and product performance, and applicable regulatory requirements for an effective QMS.
What are the benefits of ISO IATF 16949 Certification?
- Consistency of product or service to the customers
- Reduction in customer complaints
- Increases productivity, profitability, and quality of products.
- Global recognition of your business
- Effective quality management system
- Better workplace
- Also, helps meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for your business
IAS – the top-searching ISO certification body in Germany
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading globally recognized IATF 16949 Certification Body operating in Germany and other major EU countries, which is accredited by Universal Quality Accreditation Services (UQAS). IAS is predominant in auditing the client companies for their business growth and development since 2006.
IAS is incorporated in 7 major countries and operating its associates in 14 more countries under the guidance of IAS-INDIA.
We offer IATF 16949 Certification throughout the EU countries with the help of qualified auditors and technical expertise. We also act as a consultant for the organizations to implement ISO certification procedures to successfully get certified.
IAS also offers ISO management system certifications against ISO 14001, 27001, 50001, 22301, 22000, etc. Furthermore, we provide product certifications such as CE Marking, GOST-R, Green, GOST-R, Kosher, Halal, BRC, cGMP, etc.
What are the procedures to achieve IATF 16949 Certification?
- At first, Make an Enquiry in our website or contact us by telephone based on your country/region.
- Download and fill the application form and email email@example.com.
- After reviewing your application, the certification audit process will begin.
- IAS will come out with the audit plan based on the scope submitted by your organization to conduct audits.
- Stage 1 audit includes the document review and site visit
- After the completion of the audit, IAS will provide audit reports with a deviation report (if found any deviation).
- Stage 2 audit verifies the effective implementation of IATF 16949
- The time duration for NC closure between 60-90 days.
- After successfully implementing the non-conformities, IAS will issue the IATF 16949 certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- IAS also conducts a surveillance audit every 12 months from the date of initial certification and as well as the re-certification audit after the validity of the initial certification is over.